We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a UX Researcher in our Broomfield, CO office (REMOTE is an option).
The User Experience team at Alteryx is a group of highly motivated, creative problem solvers dedicated to the creation of exceptional user experiences. Alteryx is actively looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our growing team in Broomfield, CO (or Remote U.S.). Operating within the Product Management organization, this individual will take an active role in providing the most impactful, meaningful insights that drive the design and development of next-generation analytical software. This role reports to team lead of UX Research.
What you will do:
As a key member of the UX team, the ideal candidate will act as an advocate for our users by facilitating the discovery, articulation, and application of data-driven recommendations across our entire product platform. The role requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, attention to details, aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should have experience in fast-paced, innovative environments and be comfortable with ambiguity. A solid background and understanding of industry-standard research methods, user-centered design principles, and UX research best-practices is a must.
You will conduct primary and secondary research to help drive value for the next generation of products. Applying design thinking and usability best practices you will inform and guide the design process, while increasing proficiency in a variety of research methodologies. This role will work closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, developers, copywriters and other business stakeholders to define the best user experience.
- (3 - 8+) years of relevant experience conducting industry-level UX research
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, or a related field
- Well-versed in experimental design, research methodology, and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies such as usability testing, card sorts, persona development, user journeys and surveys.
- Must possess excellent observation skills.
- Must be a competent moderator.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret research data and turn it into actionable insights.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills that promote idea sharing and knowledge transfer
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Experience with industry-standard research software, tools, and platforms with the ability to learn new techniques as needed
- Experience working and interfacing with engineering teams
- Knowledge of Agile / Lean methodologies
- Relevant experience or field knowledge of data science, predictive analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, or product analytics
- Understanding of product process and software development
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $88,400 - $150,300. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A leader in analytic process automation.