Lead Product Designer
Santa Monica, CA, USA Remote
Inspire’s Product Design team is growing and we’re excited to bring on a Lead Product Designer with a focus on our new member experience.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Research and Design counterparts to create & improve the user experience of our core member app.
You will be responsible for creating specific experiences while collaborating on long-term vision of the app. This will include, ideation, documentation, alignment, creation, and hand-off with engineering.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for intuitive, inclusive and accessible products. We believe clean energy is for all and we seek to validate our ideas, advocate for our users and build the best energy app available.
THE LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize — Brainstorm, define, prototype and test new software features as we evolve our UX/UI and device ecosystem
- Collaboration — Work with PMs, Engineers and Design team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Alignment — Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artifacts so that the cross-functional team can align on vision and a path forward.
- Research — Integrate data, research, user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocacy — Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements based on business needs and Design Thinking
SOME 2020 DELIVERABLES
- V1 of our web Application — Take our beta experience into a launch ready product.
- Onboarding — Focus on top tier onboarding experiences with a direct KPI of 60 day retention.
- Usage & Impact data experience — Give our members a great experience through data insights to their energy usage and climate impact. Resulting in a climate positive lifestyle and automated energy efficiency systems.
- Web app engagement targets
- 90 day retention rates
- System Usability Score of 65+
- Excellent Communicator - Communication is the key to any successful product. Not only between teammates but also inside of our product. The ideal candidate is obsessive about clear communication to set expectations and articulate their vision. Along with clearly communicating with our users and baking those learnings into our digital product.
- Self starter - At Inspire you will own and lead out on your product line. Being a self starter means you can start with an early idea and mold it into a clear defined concept with your counter parts. Self starter means not waiting to be told what to do.
- Collaborator - Like life we believe in balance, as much we want you to be a self starter, we believe in true collaboration. The ideal candidate will know that only through collaborating with other designers, engineering and product managers can the best ideas come to life.
- Organized - The title says it all. We LOVE organization, in true start up fashion it is a battle to maintain excellent organization. That is why we are looking for someone who has organization built into their day to day process. No mess, no stress.
- User Obsessed - How do you build without knowing who you are building for? We don’t know either. At Inspire we put a heavy focus on talking to our Members or future Members in order to really understand what is best for them. Ideally you have participated or conducted generative research and or usability sessions to test your concepts. The only way to check your assumptions is to ask.
- Curiosity - You are curious through and through always wanting to dive deeper and learn as much as you can. This is not just an at work quality but something that drives you.
- Must Have 8+ years experience designing visually compelling web/mobile apps
- An obsession with the little details
- A solid understanding of UX and UI best practices
- Proficient with design tools like: Figma, Sketch, Invision, Framer, WebFlow and good ol’ pen & paper.
- An understanding of modular, grid-based, systems design
- Experience work with and building design systems
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc)
- Familiarity with iterative design practices
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Nice to Have Experience at a high-growth company
- Experience at a consumer facing company
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve customer needs and business outcomes
- User research
Your application has been successfully submitted.