Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We believe design should be useful, functional and beautiful. At Grailed, design has a seat at the table and we believe the design voice is incredibly important to the success of the Company mission and the Brand, and we empower design and the individuals that create it.
We understand that the design process requires a wide range of thought, skill, and perspective to foster discussion and innovation. The composition of our team reflects this diversity, with a wide range of experiences from fashion and digital design to finance and technology. We have actively cultivated an environment for designers to hone their craft and contribute their own unique perspective and expertise to strengthen our team.
The product in its current form is raw, and needs your help to unlock the full potential of the platform. Work is required on the responsive experiences on Grailed.com, our sister site Heroine.com, iOS and Android Apps, an integrated editorial and commerce platform, a more robust internal moderation tool, quarterly campaigns for our users, and ongoing strategic partnerships with designers and creators.
Our future plans are just as ambitious, and we’re excited for you to come help us define our product and design roadmap to get us there!
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our buyers and sellers.
- Make people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research.
- Validate and test hypotheses by doing lightweight research directly with buyers and sellers.
- Create comprehensive mobile solutions to customer problems that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business.
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Data Analysis, Customer Support, Brand Design and Marketing.
- Work with other designers across Grailed to seek and provide honest, thoughtful feedback, and mentor other designers.
- Elevate Product Design across our company through communication, facilitative collaboration and demonstration of design rigor.
The following might describe you:
- Have 5+ years of product design experience.
- Have 3+ years of native app design experience (iOS + Android).
- Mastered communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, partners, etc.
- Deeply understands native patterns (iOS + Android) and are excited to develop and expand our native patterns to ensure a cohesive and branded product experience.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research—to validate and inform product thinking.
- HCD (Human Centered Design) experience and uses qualitative research and quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies.
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop destination for buying, selling and exploring menswear.